Live Chat Support
Welcome to our LiveChat
The LiveChat is usually open Mondays & Thursdays from 7pm to 9:30pm.
Sarah will be your host during the chat session.
Special thanks to RTE Comic Relief for the funding for this 3 month trial of our LiveChat facility.
Sarah Flynn who you will be speaking to through LiveChat has been involved in NISIG for over 20 years, and while not a qualified fertility counsellor, will be able to support, understand and help provide valuable information.
Please be patient with our LiveChat. If we are busy talking to someone else, please wait or try contacting us again later.
We will do our best to talk to everyone wishing to use our LiveChat in a timely fashion. If it is outside the hours that LiveChat is open, please email your questions to [email protected]
How to use LiveChat?
When you press the LiveChat button on the bottom-left corner of your screen, a new form will pop-up. Please enter your details, press send and wait for us to start the conversation. You will be able to see us typing when a bubble with three dots appears in the chat box. At the end of the conversation, you can press “Leave” to leave the chat, or simply close the page.
Terms & Conditions
Our LiveChat service is offered to provide one-to-one support. We are here to listen, support and provide information.
Abusive or threatening language will not be permitted. We reserve the right to end any conversation if we feel threatened or insulted. Any inappropriate use of our LiveChat can lead to the user being blocked by NISIG.
Please take caution as you usually would on the internet with your personal information. Our LiveChat uses end-to-end encryption for your security.
In order to better assist you, NISIG stores transcripts of LiveChat conversations for a period of 4 weeks. During the chat, you can request for us to not retain your transcript. These transcripts are deleted at the end this period.
All those who provide National Infertility Support Services (“NISIG”) with their Personal Data have a right to respect and privacy in relation to their data. In addition, the statutory obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 together with the General Data Protection Regulation that came into force on 25th May 2018 (the GDPR) must be strictly adhered to.
This Policy Statement is written to address these moral and legal obligations. NISIG holds Personal Data in respect of our Clients and Employees and it is the policy of NISIG to meet these obligations to the highest standards possible.
This policy sets out how NISIG protects personal data and sets out the rules governing the use of personal data provided to NISIG.
The data subject has rights when it comes to the handling of their personal data as follows:
- Withdraw processing based on consent at any time;
- Receive certain information about the Data Controller’s processing activities;
- Request access to their personal data that we hold (-see Appendix 13);
- Prevent the use of the personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Request NISIG to erase personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed or to rectify inaccurate data or to complete incomplete data;
- Restrict processing in specific circumstances;
- Challenge processing which has been justified on the basis of legitimate interests or in the public interest;
- Object to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- Be notified of a personal data breach which is likely to result in high risk to their rights and freedoms;
- Make a complaint to the supervisory authority;
- In limited circumstances, receive or ask for their personal data to be transferred to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
NISIG will verify the identity of an individual requesting data under any of the rights listed above. (They should never allow third parties to persuade them into disclosing personal data without proper authorisation).
NISIG Employees must immediately forward any data subject request received to the Data Protection Officer and comply with the data access request procedure.