Countries and Clinics- What you need to be aware of:
Different countries and different clinics offer surrogacy programs to Irish couples, we set out hereunder some cautionary advice regarding details and information that an Irish couple need to be fully aware of before they proceed:-
1. The local legal requirements and legal procedures regarding the surrogacy in the country of birth
2. Whether there is an Irish Consulate or Irish Embassy in the country of birth or where the nearest Irish Consulate or Irish Embassy is
3. Whether your child is entitled to a passport from the country of birth which allows him/her travel home with you to Ireland or whether you need to apply to the Irish authorities for an emergency travel certificate
4. If you need to apply for an emergency travel certificate you will need written confirmation of the requirements and procedures that need to be followed from the Irish consulate/Irish embassy in the country that will be issuing the emergency travel certificate
5. Written confirmation from the clinic and the surrogate mother’s legal advisor that any affidavits and documentation that are required by the Irish Court as part of your court application will be provided.
6. Another tip is that you should ask the clinic to email you the details regarding their experience of working with Irish couples and also their understanding of the requirements of the Irish authorities and the Irish court procedure.
7. You should always seek legal advice and guidance from an Irish solicitor that has assisted Irish couples and can provide you with legal advice and guidance.
Covid 19 and Infertility: The emotional side of infertility is immense. Covid 19 continues to impact us all in so many different ways. Time is passing by and that is something that alot of us are very conscious of. Lots of us have been TTC for a long time, are...
We are excited to announce that NISIG will host our first Surrogacy Webinar on Saturday, 23 May 2020 (11.30am to 1.00pm) This free event will provide a platform for our speakers to share the most up to date, reliable and accurate advice, guidance and information. ...
If you are interested in attending the NISIG AGM please contact me at email@example.com
Abit of good news in these uncertain times. The restrictions to ART treatments have been lifted by ESHRE, therefore Irish Clinics will be able to reopen once the government restrictions on movement have been eased. To read the guidelines in full go to...
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/suspension-of-fertility-treatment-having-a-devastating-effect-1.4232627 NISIG are in close contact with each of the Irish clinics and we are aware they are working hard to resume services as soon as possible.
Just to remind you, we are providing our support meetings during Covid-19 on line, please see social media (instagram and Facebook) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for dates.