Taking Control of Infertilty
Trying for a baby can take its toll on a couple, so it’s important to take ‘ time out ‘ and have sex for fun which strengthens the relationship.
- Approach the infertility problem together.
- Do your homework, the internet is useful.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your partner.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to others who have undergone fertility treatment.
- Don’t dwell on the short-term ups and downs of the treatment.
- Consider taking time off from treatment if it becomes overwhelming.
- Make a date to have sex for fun during the ‘nonfertile’ times of the cycle.
- Try to focus on something positive, such as a favourite hobby or new activity.
- Seek emotional support from a counsellor or support group if you or your partner feels strained or isolated.