Mumps is an acute viral illness and usually presents with inflammation of the salivary glands, particularly the parotid glands (salivary glands near the ears). This illness can also cause inflammation of other tissues, most frequently the covering and substance of the central nervous system (meningoencephalitis), next the pancreas (pancreatitis) and especially after adolescence, the ovary (oophoritis) and the testis (orchitis). The mature testis is particularly susceptible to damage from mumps which can lead to infertility.
- Westmeath Fine Gael Candidate speaks about being a surrogate
- Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly focuses on infertility the week of 27th May
- Together FM to speak with NISIG Saturday June 1st at 1pm
- POSTPONED – NISIG Surrogacy Support Group Meeting 29th June 2019
- NISIG Support Group Meeting in Dublin 22nd June 2019