Mumps is an acute viral illness and usually presents with inflammation of the salivary glands, particularly the parotid glands (salivary glands near the ears). This illness can also cause inflammation of other tissues, most frequently the covering and substance of the central nervous system (meningoencephalitis), next the pancreas (pancreatitis) and especially after adolescence, the ovary (oophoritis) and the testis (orchitis). The mature testis is particularly susceptible to damage from mumps which can lead to infertility.
- Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise Service of Remembrance 14th October
- DCN Ireland to host meeting Sunday 14th October in Malahide
- Miscarriage Association Annual Service of Remembrance 11th November
- NISIG General Support Meeting on October 20th
- Becoming a Family with the Help of a Donor on 10th November, 2018