Mumps is an acute viral illness and usually presents with inflammation of the salivary glands, particularly the parotid glands (salivary glands near the ears). This illness can also cause inflammation of other tissues, most frequently the covering and substance of the central nervous system (meningoencephalitis), next the pancreas (pancreatitis) and especially after adolescence, the ovary (oophoritis) and the testis (orchitis). The mature testis is particularly susceptible to damage from mumps which can lead to infertility.
- Circle Surrogacy to hold consultations with prospective parents in Dublin on 8th and 9th September 2018
- New meeting dates September to November 2018
- New groups for Men and Pregnancy/Parenting after Fertility Treatment
- Fertility information evening Institut Marques Clane
- NISIG issues response to RTE Drivetime segment on Donor Conception