Mumps is an acute viral illness and usually presents with inflammation of the salivary glands, particularly the parotid glands (salivary glands near the ears). This illness can also cause inflammation of other tissues, most frequently the covering and substance of the central nervous system (meningoencephalitis), next the pancreas (pancreatitis) and especially after adolescence, the ovary (oophoritis) and the testis (orchitis). The mature testis is particularly susceptible to damage from mumps which can lead to infertility.
- Contemporary Issues in Family Formation – Conference Friday September 1st 2017
- Congratulations Clare on completing the VHI Dublin Mini Marathon!
- Surrogacy highlighted on Today with Sean O’Rourke
- Cancelled – Surrogacy Meeting Saturday 1st July
- The both of us are his daddies – three surrogacy stories shared in the Irish Times